You might be wondering what we actually do at our workshops. When we mention the word “creative”, many people panic – “I’m not creative”, “I can’t do that”, “I can only draw stick figures”, “I don’t want to embarrass myself”. You might be saying those exact same things!
Our activities are simple, easy and fun. They don’t require any special skills – it’s all about the process, not the finished product. Something as simple as putting colours on a page can generate surprising insights. No-one is asked to perform in front of others. Instead people are invited to participate in ways that feel right for them. It’s all about listening to ourselves (but maybe stretching ourselves a little as well!).
Every workshop is different, with a range of activities. Here are some typical activities that you might do at one of our workshops.
- Playing around with paints
- Clay sculpture
- Guided movements for grounding, building energy, expressing emotions, stretching and releasing
- Intuitive movement responses
- Moving to music
- Painting as a response to music
- Listening to songs
- Body percussion
- Using our voices to make sound
- Guided visualization
- Developing rituals
- Sharing insights/experiences/wisdom
- 4-level check in for listening to body, emotions, mind and spirit
- Poetry and haikus